Donations will be processed through Canada Helps.
Thanks for participating in the Two Rivers Church Soups-On-A-Thon initiative to help feed those who are in need in our neighbourhood. What are we up to here?
· Two Rivers Church aims to be faithfully present in our neighbourhoods, collaborating with others for the common good and human flourishing amongst our neighbours.
· We have been gathering in homes for some time now making soup to share with each other and with any of the friends and neighbours whom we happen to invite along. It is a symbol of our desire to be at table with one another, where God is present, and where the reign of God is made known.
· We are partnering with the Royal City Life Center who provide effective and compassionate ministry to those struggling on the streets of Guelph. We will be donating our soup to their meal program. Check out their ministry at www.thelifecentre.ca
Funds raised will work in four ways:
· We are sourcing local CSA’s, friendly farmers, and grocery stores to provide our ingredients. What we can’t source as gift, we will buy to make good soup.
· A portion of funds raised will go towards the Royal City Life Centre kitchen renovations
· A portion will go towards the Two Rivers Church broader mission commitments – Presbyterian’s Sharing (from encouraging and equipping congregational renewal and development, to supporting inner city, indigenous, refugee, urban, remote and chaplaincy ministries in Canada, to sending mission personnel to work with international partners.) See presbyterian.ca for more info.
· A portion will go to supporting Two Rivers Church own mission and ministry.
We also partner with the 40 Days of Discipleship providing global online resources for spiritual apprenticeship.