St. Andrew’s and Two Rivers Churches along with the Woolwich Arrow and Steam Whistle Brewing are hosting the third annual a “Love Your Bike-A Community Cycling Festival” on Saturday, June 18 starting at 9:30 am. This festival will be held on the front lawn of St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, 161 Norfolk Street.
There will be events for every cycling enthusiast:
· Four of Guelph’s cycling shops (Backpeddling, Bits, Bikes and Boards, Paramount Sports and Speed River Bicycle) will be on hand to offer complimentary mechanical checkups throughout the morning.
· A “Wrench-Off” will take place featuring Guelph’s top bike mechanics in a friendly flat-fixing competition.
· Clayton Foxall of Backpeddling will be displaying part of his antique bike collection.
· There will be a moment of silence for fallen cyclists followed by a blessing of the bikes.
· Three rides are offered at 11:15am, including a family ride through Exhibition Park, a mountain bike ride, and a regular ride. These rides are organized by Guelph Coalition for Active Transportation and Guelph Off Road Bicycling Association. Waivers must be signed and helmets worn.
· Treats are available throughout the morning.
· We’ll finish at the Wooly with a BBQ and refreshments provided by Steam Whistle